What do EMD HEATING engineers do during a boiler service?
- Our engineer will inspect your boiler and controls to make sure they are operating safely.
- The inspection will include checking your boiler for corrosion and leaks.
- Your boiler casing will be removed to check the functioning of its main components.
- A gas pressure check will ensure your boiler is operating at the correct gas pressure.
- A flue gas analysis test will ensure that no unsafe emissions are being released from your boiler.
- Your boiler’s parts will be cleaned as required.
- Your boiler’s casing will be put back on and properly sealed.
- Our engineer will leave a checklist with you including all of the relevant information you need about the safety of your boiler.
What will a boiler service cost?
- £65 (based on a wall hung condensing or non condensing boiler or combination boiler)
Contact us for a free quote by just naming your boiler and model at firstname.lastname@example.org for a prompt response
Things to check if boiler not working before calling engineer.
If your Boiler doesn’t appear to be working, it may be related to something else. The most common things to check are listed below.
- The electricity supply to the appliance may have failed.
- The mains gas may be turned off
- If you have a pre-pay gas meter there may not be any credit left
- The mains water may be off
- There may be visible damage to the flue outlet
- The boiler controls (e.g. room thermostats or programmers) may not be switched on or may require new batteries
- The boiler’s condensate pipe may be frozen
- The heating system may need re-pressurising
Boiler Servicing has become even more important in recent years, not only for safety reason’s, but also to comply with many of the new boiler Warranty requirements.
Most new boilers come with lengthy warranties but ONLY if you have the boiler serviced at least once a year by a Gas Safe Registered and Qualified Heating Engineer.
Failure to comply with warranty conditions will invalidate your warranty and the manufacturer can refuse to repair the boiler if it breaks down.
At EMD HEATING we automatically remind our customers of the yearly boiler service 2 weeks before its due date, either by email, letter or phone.
Keeping a system clean is another important element of maintaining your heating system, regular monitoring, cleaning and dosing of a primary system can not only prevent component breakdowns but actually improve your boilers efficiency,
See some of the horror stories below that ultimately cost the customers a new boiler due to lack of regular maintenance…..
System sludge caused by lack of chemical treatment…..not good if you get it on your carpet !
Blocked heat exchanger on back boiler due to lack of ventilation and servicing causing carbon monoxide spillage.
Blocked boiler heat exchanger due to lack of servicing and incorrect flue installation, boiler operating at 62% efficiency
Blocked limescaled plate heat exchanger commonly found on combination boilers due to hard water area’s
Contact us at email@example.com with your boiler make and model for a no obligation quote to service your boiler.